Easter 2019






On Maundy Thursday we remember Jesus washing his disciples feet and sharing bread and wine with them. My favourite part is Jesus washing feet because it's an act of love and humility. Jesus knew that actions speak louder than words. ’Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet’ says Jesus = serving #MaundyThursday

I led my first Maundy Thursday service at Holly Park. We sit in a circle for foot/ hand washing and shared communion. We left the circle to remember Jesus in the garden. 

Prayer was important in Jesus’ life.

When do we pray? 

Some people pray more when things are going well, and others pray more when things are going badly. Jesus challenges the disciples to pray – and yet they fall asleep. How important is prayer to us?

Jesus says ‘everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not my what I will, but what you will’.

‘Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!



I led a service at Middle Lane Methodist followed by walking to Crouch End for churches together open service. 

Love the sermon ‘It’s Friday...but Sunday’s is coming.’ However, let's put ourselves in Jesus’ followers experience and not know what’s going to happen next. Journeying through Holy Week is really important because it makes Sunday even more special. It’s only Friday! #GoodFriday 



Great to celebrate the Risen Christ at the Sunrise Communion service at Muswell Hill Methodist Church garden.

I led a packed Easter Celebration at Middle Lane and I had the wonderful privilege to baptise an adult and confirm six young people. 

I have enjoyed leading my first Holy Week services and its a privilege to journey with the congregation through lent, the upper room, calvary, and resurrection. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living in Darkness

Dealing with the darkness

Larry