Pastoral visitation

Last week I visited one of my church members and her daughter. It was nice to listen to their story.

Doing pastoral visits encourages...

Relationships. Pastoral visits strengthen relationships between minister and their church members. Relationships are important in ministry, so pastoral visits help church members to know their minister. It also stops people saying...

"We never see our minister"

or 

"Rev never visits me"

The minister can also encourage church members to visit one another. Having a pastoral list with class leaders is important. This develops unity within the church. St Paul had a lot to say on unity when he writes...

A  Church Divided Over Leaders

'I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought' - 1 Corinthians 1:10.


My reflection...
Something powerful and meaningful when visiting a church member because I am entering a person's home and jumping into their story.

"This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Saviour all the day long
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Saviour all the day long"

The person I visit wants to share their story with me and I find it very powerful. "This is my story"

P.S. this is only my third week in ministry. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living in Darkness

Dealing with the darkness

Larry