First week in ministry


1st September - Methodist New Year

Today I visited Muswell Hill Churches Together prayer breakfast. I also got to speak with a pastoral secretary from one of my churches. 

Helen and I also attended St Mark’s Church for Jasmine’s induction of connexional youth president. Encouraging to see people full of the Holy Spirit. We had a rave at St Mark’s. 

On Sunday I presided at Holy Communion for the first time at Holly Park. Such an honour to be called by God to share communion. I also shared my testimony and congregation got to know me more. And it also encouraged people to share their story. Like the hymn says ‘this is my story, this is my song’. 






This week I have also….
           Attended a stewards meeting
           Attended a community meeting 
           Visited my pastoral secretary 
           Attended Circuit Leadership Meeting

&….

Did my first home communion to a lady who is housebound. She was born in Bridlington and later worked for Methodist Church House in the finance department. Her dad was a Methodist Minister in 1914 till 1946. We come as a guest into another person's house. We bring church to the person!





How would I describe my first week in ministry? 
           Reassuring
           Privilege
           Scary
           Tiring
           Worthwhile


More reflections next week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living in Darkness

Dealing with the darkness

Larry